Seriously, I’ve pinned this no less than 10 times on Pinterest and every single time it errors to a “blocked site.” enough pinterest. I figured I could probably guess how to do this based on some common logic and decided to try it out tonight! Here is what I came up with and it was sooo tasty!
Better Than Takeout Fried Rice
6 cups cooked brown rice
protein (chicken, shrimp, pork)
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken or pork
25-30 large shrimp, no tail, cooked
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1. Prepare rice as per the directions, set aside. I recommend you actually prepare the rice before you even start doing the rest of it. My rice took longer to cook than the box said and I was sitting around waiting for rice to cook while the rest of the food was done.
2. In a large skillet heat sesame oil and saute onion until transparent. Add peas and carrots. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic.
3. Once the vegetables are tender, move the mixture to half the pan. Add the eggs to the other half of the pan and begin to scramble the eggs.
4. Mix the vegetables and eggs all together.
6. Combine protein and add soy sauce to egg/vegetable mixture. You can do this two ways:
A. Just add the rice and protein to this pan along with the soy sauce. Let the mixture “fry” in the pan. Let the rice get a little bit crispy (aka fried)
B. *my preferred method* I don’t have a pan big enough to hold all of these ingredients so I used a separate pan to fry up individual portions of the fried rice. I heated up some sesame oil, added some rice and a little bit of the protein & vegetable mixture. Added some soy sauce and let it all fry up for a few seconds. Then I flipped the mixture and let the other side fry.